Friday 21 October 2011

Esha Deol: My film debut was actually in 1983

Sonil Dedhia in Mumbai
After a haitus of three years, Esha Deol returns to the silver screen with Tell Me O Khuda. Directed by mum Hema Malini, the film is about a girl in search of her biological father.
In converstaion with Sonil Dedhia, the actress talks about her new project, future plans and her favourite films starring parents Dharmendra-Hema Malini.

Refer to the film as her comeback vehicle and Esha is quick to deny it's one, but agrees that her mother Hema Malini made the film to help her salvage her career. "I have been working for 10 years now. It's not that I have not been busy for the last three years. I have been a part of this film since the scripting stage and have learnt a lot more than acting."

"It's possible that my mother made this film for me. At the end of the day, she is my mother and we have our production house," says Esha, who has acted in 30-odd films.

"In Hollywood, actresses take a long sabbatical and get back to work and no one says anything. It is here in India that people make so much noise about it," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment